Personal Data means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user.
We may change this Statement from time to time by updating this page. If We make any material changes to this Statement, We will notify you by including a prominent notice on the site before the changes are effective. Please check this page from time to time for updates. By using our software services, sites, blog, subscribing to our newsletter, taking our quiz, becoming an affiliate partner, and using any of our other services, you consent to our collection and use of your Personal Data as described in this Statement.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Services. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name (“Personal Information”), the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; device and connection information and purchase history.
We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate the Services;
- To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, and the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this. The Log Data section is for businesses that use analytics or tracking services in websites or apps, like Google Analytics.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information. The Communications section is for businesses that may contact users via email (email newsletters) or other methods.
There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
We are a global business. As a result the data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at any of Our locations. Our primary servers are in the United States. Data may also be processed by staff around the world working for Us, or for one of Our suppliers. These staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your information requests, or the provision of support services. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. We will store Personal Data we collect about you as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it or where there is a legal obligation – laws or regulations that may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal data.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that We do not have any control over that other site. Therefore, We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
PERSONAL DATA OF MINORS
Our website is not directed to minors under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or sell the Personal Data of minors under 18.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Service Providers: We may rely on service providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Site. We may also rely on service providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of our Site and Services, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- FoodChain Site Users. Your username and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of FoodChain assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the site, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include any and all of our subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
COMMUNICATION WITH OUR VISITORS
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our End User License Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
If you have filled out one of our contact forms, we may contact you via email campaigns notifying you of special offers etc.